6.05.2009

Hitchcock Interview 1964 (BBC)

Part I

Part II

Because after all they were frighten as children.......It's all based on Red Riding Hood. Nothing has changed since Red Riding Hood. So what they're frighten of today are exactly the same thing they're frighten of yesterday.

The assembly of pieces of film to create fright, is the central part of my job. Just as much as a painter putting certain colors together to create evil on canvas.

I believe in putting the horror in the mind of the audience, and not necessarily on the screen.

Q: What is a good cry as opposed to bad cry.
A: I think it's the satisfaction of temporary pain.

What is reality? I don't think many people want reality. I think it must look real. But it never must be. Because reality is none of us can really stand at anytime.

沒有留言: